Saturday, June 26, 2010

Reconciling the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine

As I edited last Sunday's talk video for the website I noticed that I repeatedly used the term "reconcile" when I spoke of assimilating the characteristics of the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine into our consciousness. After delivering the talk, I was somewhat puzzled as to why I had chosen that particular word -- I felt it might have been better to use the word "integrate".  But as I look forward to this coming Sunday talk, I realized that "reconcile" is exactly correct in the context I was using it.


The characteristics of the Divine Masculine and the Divine Feminine are complementary -- nurturing and transforming, for examples. One is to take what is and help it develop to the fullness of what it can be; the other is to take what is and change it, or to use a currently popular word in the business environment -- to "re-purpose" it (is that hyphenated or not?). Empathy and inspiring, compassionate and passionate, forgiving and asserting, etc. Fulfilling the feminine imperative will often take us along a different path than fulfilling the masculine imperative.


If we are expressing our Divine Wholeness, with the facilities of the feminine and masculine readily accessible to us in each moment, how do we decide which imperative to follow in a given situation?


Hmmmmm. Perhaps we'll find out on Sunday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment